Advertising (or how
great advertising gets new clients you wouldn’t ordinarily have)
- A Plan - Make a marketing plan - a strategy
including budget and schedule
needed to get the word out and create the positive
impression that drives new sales.
- A Brand - Begin developing your ‘brand’ with a
logo for a quick recognition of
your company. Apply it on all the communication from your
- A way to get the word out - Print? or Web?
Your strategic plan will
define the market you should reach. That will tell you the
best use of your marketing
money and how to reach them.
- Communicate quickly with eye catching design, a
provocative headline and
compelling text that tells who you are, what you are
offering, what’s in it for
the reader, and what action they should take.
- Photos? or Illustration? Choose a visual that
quickly tells your story, and why
they should do business with you. Use it again with Web
communication to keep
your message consistent and save advertising dollars.
- Comp - this temporary design includes the
layout of the headline, body copy,
pictures or illustrations and your logo.
- Production - next an electronic file that
contains the brochure is prepared for the
printing process and sent to the printer.
- Printing - the brochure is printed, trimmed
and folded and delivered.
Now your company has attention grabbing ‘sales
It will create a positive perception and can be held,
felt, read, re-read and passed
along to others. Producing it with a plan ensures your
money was well spent.
The same electronic file that went to the printer can
also be converted
to an interactive web-friendly .pdf and sent over the
internet to a potential client.